Dr. Plante has vast experience in major urological surgery and innovative new techniques. Special interests include prostate cancer surgery, laparoscopic surgery, kidney stones, incontinence, bioprosthetic implants, vasectomy and vasectomy reversal.
BS Chemistry/Mathematics, Phi Beta Kappa,Northern Michigan University (1983)
MD, Alpha Omega Alpha, Phi Beta Pi,
Wayne State University School of Medicine (1987)
Urology Residency, Rush Presbyterian-St. Lukes Medical Center,
Chicago (1987 to 1992)
Adjunct Attending Staff Urologist, RPSLMC
Major, medical Corps, US Army Reserves
- Diplomate, American Board of Urology
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Chairman, Urology section of the Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery (TIMIS)
- Microsurgery Certified
- Laser Surgery Certified
- Cryosurgery Certified
- Laparoscopic Surgery Certified
- Member, American Urological Association, American Association Urological Association, American Association of Clinical Urologists, Society of Urologic Cryosurgeons, American Lithotripsy Society, Society of Laparendoscopic Surgeons, and Society of Military Surgeons.
- Numerous publications, papers, and lectures.