Dr. Plante has vast experience in major urological surgery and innovative new techniques. Special interests include prostate cancer surgery, laparoscopic surgery, kidney stones, incontinence, bioprosthetic implants, vasectomy and vasectomy reversal.
- BS Chemistry/Mathematics, Phi Beta Kappa,Northern Michigan University (1983)
- MD, Alpha Omega Alpha, Phi Beta Pi, Wayne State University School of Medicine (1987)
- Urology Residency, Rush Presbyterian-St. Lukes Medical Center, Chicago (1987 to 1992)
- Adjunct Attending Staff Urologist, RPSLMC
- Major, medical Corps, US Army Reserves
- Diplomate, American Board of Urology
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Chairman, Urology section of the Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery (TIMIS)
- Microsurgery Certified
- Laser Surgery Certified
- Cryosurgery Certified
- Laparoscopic Surgery Certified
- Member, American Urological Association, American Association Urological Association, American Association of Clinical Urologists, Society of Urologic Cryosurgeons, American Lithotripsy Society, Society of Laparendoscopic Surgeons, and Society of Military Surgeons.
- Numerous publications, papers, and lectures.